JavaWorld's panel of judges—consisting of JavaWorld editors and contributors—participated in several rounds of voting to determine which products or technologies most deserve finalist status. In choosing the finalists, the judges carefully weighed each product or technology on the basis of its features and functions, as well as its impact in advancing Java as a language and/or platform. Eligible products or technologies must have shipped on or before April 1, 2003.
Please note that finalists are listed in alphabetical order per category. One winner will be named in each category on June 9, 2003 to coincide with the JavaOne conference in San Francisco that week.
Here are the finalists:
- Best Java Data Access Tool
- Best Java IDE
- Best Java Performance Monitoring/Testing Tool
- Best Java Application Server
- Best Java Device Application Development Tool
- IBM WebSphere Studio Device Developer 5.0, IBM
- Java 2 Platform, Micro Edition (J2ME) Wireless Toolkit 2.0, Sun Microsystems
- Sun ONE Studio 4 Update 1 Mobile Edition, Sun Microsystems
- Best Java-XML Tool
- Best Java Installation Tool
- Best Java Book
- Most Useful Java Community-Developed Technology
- Most Innovative Java Product or Technology